A Control and Display System for all Zooplankton Net Systems
Visualize the Water Column as You Tow
Sample Based on Water Column Characteristics
- Graph CTD Data in Real Time
- Drop Nets on Command
- True Real-Time Control
- Pre-program Autonomous Runs
- Generate Raw & Converted Data Files
- Retrofit Most Scientific Net Systems
- Plug & Play with Most CTD’s
- Stepper Motor Controller Built In
- Battery Packs Included
- Supplied Complete with Molded Cables
Scientific Net Systems
A whole new way to visualize and control net systems
Retrofit any Open Seas’ net system, including Bioness, Mininess, Tucker Trawls and RMT’s
Can also be retrofitted to other manufacturer’s systems
Bioness Net Control System
- A full featured net control system, capable of operating a variety of multiple net zooplankton samplers.
- Designed to interface with a variety of common CTD’s, including Sea-Bird, AML and FSI.
- Most other makes of CTDs can be accommodated.
- The Bioness Control System can be easily retrofitted to many existing net systems.
- Executes commands issued from the surface (e.g. net drop)
- Controls autonomous operations
- Records all run data on industry standard flash card memory
- Date and time stamps data, holds longitude and latitude data
- Plug & Play compatible with many CTDs, including up to 4 optional channels
- Provides five 12 bit A/D interfaces for adding sensors (e.g. flourometer, DO, etc)
- Commands and powers stepper motor to drop nets in any mode
- Transmits real time data in RS422
- Coax modems optional
- Controls net operations in real time (with conductive tow cable)
- Programs data logger for autonomous operation (time, ascending or descending depth)
- Displays CTD data in graph form
- Calculates and displays:
- All sensors in real engineering numbers
- Net drops and net drop confirmation
- Pitch, net efficiency and speed
- Swept volume by net
- Net number and time open
- Records real time or uploaded data to disk
- Replays archived data files through the graphical interface
- Converts raw data run files to comma delimited converted files
- Generates converted data files for each net in a tow
- Embeds station data, system settings and coefficients in the data file
- User settable sensor coefficients
- Windows 95-98, ME, 2000 and XP compatible
- Translates RS422 to RS232 output for computer interface.
- Optionally contains modems for special cable requirements.
- Includes high performance battery charger, which can recharge batteries in less than 2 hrs.
- Standard battery pack is 12v, made up of 20 high output rechargeable nicad D-cells
- Operates a typical net system from 24 to 48 hours without recharging
- Pressure cases
- Pitch sensor
- Flow meters
- Molded cables
- Stepper motor
- Pressure compensated motor housing