|Dimensions||146 x 44 x 58 cm||169 x 55 x 67 cm|
|Weight in Air (without instruments or flotation)||19 kg (42 lb)||28 kg (62 lbs|
|Weight in air with flotation||27 kg (59 lb)||62 kg (137 lbs)|
|Buoyancy (SW) without instruments||60 kg (132 lb)||51 kg (107 lbs)|
|Material||HDPE, uv protected||HDPE, uv protected|
|Flotation||3 Viny floats 13”||2 glass balls 17”|
- Unmatched mooring stability provides the best in instrument platforms.
- Virtually eliminates vortex shedding effects which are common with spherical floatation.
- Eliminates the potential for the measurement errors associated with mooring vibration.
- Substantially reduces mooring excursions and inclinations.
- Significant improvement to depth keeping characteristics.
- Self-compensating for mooring inclination and flow direction.
- Reduced buoyancy requirement due to lower mooring frontal area.
- Supplied complete with mooring tension/swivel hardware.
- Supplied complete with buoyancy or purchasers can utilize their existing VinyFloats.
Affordable Coastal & Deep Water Buoyancy
Significantly enhances data set quality from moored current meters
An improved mooring system for current meters and other oceanographic instrumentation.
Weights and buoyancies are shown with mooring hardware
Comparative Mooring vs Spherical 13” Viny Floats
Shown 200m with currents of 1.5 kts